Citizenship Teacher – Vacancies in England and Wales
Are you looking for supply work as a Citizenship Teacher?
New Directions Education recruits for teaching jobs within Citizenship and Personal, Social & Health Education (PHSE) for both long and short-term teaching jobs.
This is a diverse and important subject covering many different and increasingly vital elements to student’s day-to-day life. These include:
- Basic first aid;
- Difference / diversity;
- Drugs education;
- Economic & business terms;
- Healthy lifestyles;
- Money management;
- Personal reviews / goal setting.
The Role of a Supply Citizenship Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic and imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.