Drama Teacher – Vacancies in England and Wales
Our busy network of offices registers teaching jobs for qualified drama teachers who are looking to deliver the drama curriculum using unique teaching styles.
Drama is viewed as being one of the most enjoyable media’s to let students unleash their creative energy.
The role Drama plays in students’ lives can be seen as not just valuable but essential. An organisation called Cultural Learning Alliance have set up a panel which recommends that arts subjects remain a statutory part of the National Curriculum, and suggests that arts teaching should be part of every school’s basic curriculum at Key Stage 4, the equivalent of GCSE level.
Media Studies Teaching Jobs
If you are a Media Studies Teacher looking for vacancies in schools, we also cover these roles and would welcome applications for those that are suitably qualified to teach this subject.
The Role of a Supply Drama Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry;