Early Years Foundation Stage Teacher Vacancies in England and Wales
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
As an EYFS teacher you would be working in day nurseries and also nursery or reception classes in an infant or primary school. The development areas typically covered will be:
- Personal, social and emotional development;
- Communication and language;
- Understanding the world;
- Physical development;
- Expressive arts and design.
Typical duties of a supply Early Years Foundation Teacher
- Teach all areas of the Early Years Statutory Framework;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a safe and positive teaching environment;
- Plan and prepare activities that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly in smaller schools and day-nurseries.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Long-term primary teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Master Vendor status for education work in Wales;
- Recommend a friend scheme.