New Directions are currently recruiting for a 1-2-1 teaching assistant to work with a Year 9 pupil. The ideal candidate will have vast experience with SEN students and be comfortable working on a one to one basis every day. This role is for the remainder of the school term, continuing in to September.
The School are looking for the ideal candidate to have:
• a good standard of education in English and Mathematics
• experience of supporting children in a classroom environment, including those with special educational needs
• the ability to establish positive relationships with pupils and emphasise with their needs
• the ability to consistently and effectively implement behaviour management strategies
• the ability to monitor the pupil(s) response to learning activities and be able to modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes
At New Directions a large number of our jobs are in SEN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).