- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: Ongoing Supply
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: MD_TA_Wxm
- Salary: £50.00 - £55.00 per day
New Directions are currently recruiting for a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work in a local school based in Wrexham.
Successful applicants will be passionate about working with children and be willing to work with animals. The school currently have resources to educate their pupils in and out of the classroom using animals for the childs learning – this is a fantastic stimulant for the pupils. The school caters for children with challenging behaviour and also provides vocational courses.
For this role, the successful candidate must have: –
- Experience of working within a similar setting
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- Relevant qualifications (Team Teach desirable)
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to workings with children
- Experience workings on a 1:1 basis with students who require additional support and on times work within small groups.
- Over 300 languages are spoken throughout the UK
- 1 in 6 primary school children have English as a second language
EAL Teaching Assistants work within a classroom setting either on a 1-2-1 basis or with a small group of children. The aim of the role is to promote inclusion and provide support for students who have English as a second language. EAL Teaching Assistants may also be required to adapt and customise curriculum materials.
Typical duties of an EAL Teaching Assistant
- Supporting EAL students with personalised learning
- Helping to overcome barriers to learning
- Adapting and customising lesson plans
- Supporting students with EAL to access extra-curricular activities
- Contribute to the management of EAL students’ behaviour, encouraging students to conform to expected behaviour
- Contributing to the school awareness of EAL
- Providing pastoral support
- Facilitating contact with parents
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th March 2019