- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: May 2019
- Duration: Summer term
- Job Type: Maternity
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: alnjm
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions Education are looking to appoint an SEN (Special Education Needs) specialist Teacher to join an additional learning needs (ALN) school on the Wirral. The position is to start in May 2019 and continue for the rest of the academic year, covering a maternity leave. This is a large school with pupils aged from 11-19 years old. As an expierenced SEN teacher you will have worked in supporting pupils with complex special educational needs and/or disabilities – severe learning difficulties (SLD), autism (ASD), Multi sensory impairment (MSI) and Profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD).
The school is looking for someone who is passionate about teaching and has proven experience working with children within special educational needs( minimum of 3 months) and ideally withing Key Stage 3 (KS3) Furthermore, the successful candidate will be expected to plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons which are targeted for the individual needs of the children within the class.
There is a large car park on site for drivers.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity then please dont hesitate to get in touch.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th April 2019