- Location: Liverpool - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Law
- Job Ref: Law Wigan
- Salary: Competive
New Directions Education is looking to recruit an experienced Law teacher who has a proven track record of teaching students up to A Level. You need to be able to provide a stimulating and rigorous curriculum, including the preparation of Oxbridge candidates. You should be up to date with current developments in the content and methods of teaching Law, as well as being familiar with the external examinations requirements.
This prestigious School expects all it’s staff to contribute fully towards the development of teaching resources within the Humanities Department, with particular regard to the differentiation for pupils of different abilities through speaking to the Head of Department and other colleagues whilst attending departmental meetings.
Located in Wigan, this well regarded and high achieving college aims to provide the very best learning and personal development opportunities for every young person they are responsible for. Their teaching and support staff are highly qualified, very skilled and share a strong dedication to ensure all the students are safe, enjoy their learning and achieve their full potential.
The role of a Law Teacher within the UK education system continues to grow in popularity. Throughout England and Wales Law Teachers are in ever rising demand. As a Law Teacher you will be expected to deliver a balanced and structured curriculum on a number of potentially inflammatory topics.
This is a challenging, but rewarding sector to work within. Individuals must keep abreast of all changing and evolving facets within the subject of law.
It is important that anyone working as a Law Teacher provides a quality learning environment for their students.
The Role of a Supply Law Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th October 2018