- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: On-going supply placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP1302
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are looking to register supply teachers for primary schools within the City and County of Swansea. We are looking for teachers who have previous experience of teaching pupils with additional learning needs. The majority of the placements we have to offer involve working with classes tailored towards pupils with a variety of needs. You will be required to work with mixed aged classes within the Infant and Junior Departments and have the full support of the teaching assistants within the class. Some placements will be in specific Additional Learning Needs Units with groups of around 8 pupils. We can offer short and long-term placements depending on the work pattern you seek and as soon as your file is made active.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Can form strong working relationships with the support staff in the class;
- Have previous experience of working with children on the Autistic Spectrum, with emotional and behaviour difficulties or additional learning needs;
- Can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents;
- Are able to create a broad range of learning experiences to cater for each individual child.
The schools seek a pool of regular supply teachers to provide as much continuity to the pupils as possible. All schools offer a range of resources which have been tailored to support the children with their learning styles. Once you become familiar with the day to day running of the schools it would be advantageous if you could contribute to the wider range of school activities and school life. New Directions Education will support you with any additional training required to further your skills within ALN classes and you will be invited to any courses the schools hold if you undertake long term placements there.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th February 2019