- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Potenial long term
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Job Ref: KESWA01
- Salary: Competitive Rates
New Directions Education are currently recruiting Teaching Assistants who have experience of working with pupils with Emotional and Behavioural needs, for various Pupil Referral Units in Swansea.
The schools are based centrally in Swansea and are easily accessible with public transport links and on site parking. The schools are looking for friendly and confident teaching assistants to work in primary and secondary classes, as well as on a one to one basis should the requirements arise, therefore qualifications or equivalent in childcare and some experience of Additional Learning Needs would be beneficial.
Candidates with relevant childcare experience are also welcome to apply.
We are looking for staff who:
- Are able to support all age groups within the Foundation Phase, Key Stage 1 , Key Stage 2 Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4, and utilise the outdoor classroom effectively;
- Are able to support small groups and pupils on a one to one basis as and when required;
- Are able to work closely with the teaching staff and other teaching assistants within the classroom;
- Are able to provide up-to-date references;
- Seek the flexibility of supply work and are suited towards the temporary nature of placements.
These positions are to cover day-to-day supply and longer term ongoing sickness.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th November 2018