- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: June 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: LCS38
- Salary: £10 per hour
We are currently working closely with a Secondary School in the South Wirral are who are currently looking for a Admin Assistant / Receptionist to join their team from June 2018.
- Manage all aspects of the School Office
- Field all incoming calls to the school and answer all enquiries
- Be the first point of call for all visitors
- Maintain SIMS database
- Manage the School register (SIMS)
- Provide secretarial support to teaching staff
- Liaise closely with the Headmaster’s PA and Bursar’s Department
- Ensure children sign in and out of school during the school day
- Any other duties that are asked of the School Busines Manager
Previous experience within a Secondary School environment is desirable but not essential for this role.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th May 2018