- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: IZ17
- Salary: £25 per hour
New Directions are currently seeking a qualified teacher to carry out tuition at the home after school. As an after school tutor you will be required to support pupils that are currently in education completing their GCSE’s that need additional support whilst preparing for their exams, therefore the passion
A successful candidate for this role will have the below attributes:
- Qualified teacher status or further education (FE) qualified, with the ability to plan and prepare lessons
- The ability to teach English and Maths at GCSE level
- Experience dealing with pupils with additional learning needs, emotional behavioural needs
- A full UK driving licence with access to your own car
If you are a passionate teacher who strives for your pupils to succeed, please apply for this role with your CV included and a member of our dedicated team will get in contact with you if your application is suitable.
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st February 2019