- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: pending
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: IZ1
- Salary: £25.00 per hour
New Directions are currently seeking Teachers to undertake after school tuition in the home, specifically in the Rhondda Cynon Taff area. You will predominantly be required to tutor Maths and English on a one to one basis outside of school hours.
Experience of working with challenging behaviour, emotional behaviour, and additional learning needs would be preferred .
Successful candidates will meet the below criteria:
- Extensive knowledge of the national curriculum
- Experience working with a variety of learning needs
- The ability to prepare for lessons and provide own materials
- Strong communication skills, in order to build a relationship with the pupil, their family and the school
- A full UK driving licence
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th September 2018