- Location: Flintshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent/Ongoing
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Permanent
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Job Ref: AL_FLINTSHIR_UC
- Salary: Negotiable
New Directions Education have an extremely exciting opportunity for any enthusiastic Teacher to work within a small additional learning needs school in Flintshire.
The role would suit a primary style, ‘class based’ teacher who is comfortable teaching pupils from 8-16 with a history of trauma, pupils with a wide range of abilities from very low to age-related expectations.
The School have added that their ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible and have a love of teaching students with special educational needs, including learning outside of the classroom and teaching life skills.A thorough induction and training programme will be offered and real tangible opporunity to progress your Proffesional Development (PDP).
• Plan, deliver and teach individual students or small groups across a range of curriculum subjects
• Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
• Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
• Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
• Always Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing
Key Skills that would be advantageous:
• Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
• Have proven experience of teaching at KS2/3 level
• Be experienced or have an interest in working within a SEN/ ALN setting
• Be aware and have full knowledge of recent changes to the national curriculum
• Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
• Experience of Working in a multi-disciplinary setting
• Welsh Speaking Desirable
• Driving Licence
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th January 2019