ASD (Austistic Spectrum Disorder) – Teaching Assistant
- Location: Vale of Glamorgan
- Duration: Fixed term - 1 year
- Salary: £60 - £70 per day
- Start date: September 2019
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Welsh speaking Teaching Assistant that has a background in working with pupils with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder).
This long-term position will be on going for 1 year, 5 days
a week Monday – Friday and is set to begin in September 2019.
The school is a very well-regarded Welsh medium primary school on the outskirts of Cardiff, and they are highly determined at ensuring that each pupil receives the best support possible.
The successful candidate will be working closely with 3 autistic
pupils in a classroom-based environment and will be expected to support them in
a calm manor when required.
- Have previous experience of working with ASD children.
(this does not necessarily need to be in a school environment).
- Possess strong behaviour management skills.
- Be able to adapt well in unfamiliar situations.
- Be a fluent Welsh Speaker.
- Work well individually as well as in a team.