- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: ft2510
- Salary: Competitive rates of pay
New Directions Education are currently looking for teaching assistants who have experience working with additional learning needs, more specifically within a Speech and Language Unit, within the Port Talbot area. As the post is more specified, a qualification in British Sign Language is desirable. Initially the post would be filled on a casual basis, with the opportunity to lead to a long-term placement in the future.
We are looking for staff who;
- Are able to support all age groups across the key stages and utilise the outdoor classroom effectively;
- Are able to support small groups and pupils on a one to one basis as and when required;
- Are able to work closely with the teaching staff and other teaching assistants within the classroom;
- A minimum of a Level 2 CACHE qualification;
- Are able to provide up-to-date references and adhere to New Directions compliance procedures;
- Seek the flexibility of supply work and are suited towards the temporary nature of placements.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th October 2018