- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: SEE0013
- Salary: £10 per hour
We are currently recruiting experienced Learning Support Assistants (LSA’s) who are qualified in British Sign Language (BSL) Level 1, 2 or 3 to work within schools that provide support for children with hearing impairments across Caerphilly County Borough.
Our schools are continuously looking for outgoing and confident Learning Support Assistants (LSA’s) who have experience within and educational or child care setting and are driven by working with pupils who have additional needs and are hearing impared. Nauturally, it is in the schools best intrest to find the most suitable candidate’s for their pupils to ensure that levels of achievement are being met and they are their full potential.
The successful candidate will be able to support in improving childrens learning and achievement. Furthermore, we are looking for commited and knowledgeable individuals who want to make a difference and are committed to long-term roles with the ability to support students with Hearing Impairment.
The candidate must:
- British Sign Language Qualified (Level 1, 2 or 3)
- Experience working within an educational/care setting
The job of a teaching or classroom assistant is a now vital resource for the teacher where the position in heavily relied upon in the classroom. Further evidencing the importance of this role within schools is the rapid growth in numbers employed across the UK. Numbers employed have risen from 61,000 a decade ago 213,900 in 2011.
Teaching Assistant Qualifications
New Directions Education are specialists in recruiting Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs who are qualified to the below:
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant;
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA);
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education;
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We will also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
Duties of a Teaching Assistant
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, ALNCO and Class Teachers;
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress;
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities;
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records;
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th June 2018