- Location: Flintshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing Supply
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: SW_BSL_FLT
- Salary: £60.00 per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a confident British Sign Language (BSL) Teaching Assistant to work in a Hearing Support Centre located in Flintshire.
The support centre offers a high quality educational experience for pupils with hearing impairments. The high level of support provided by the centre, together with the broad and balanced curriculum, makes it possible for each student to take full advantage of all aspects of school life and be encouraged to reach their full potential.
We are recruiting for staff to carry out these values within their role at the centre.
- Over 300 languages are spoken throughout the UK
- 1 in 6 primary school children have English as a second language
EAL Teaching Assistants work within a classroom setting either on a 1-2-1 basis or with a small group of children. The aim of the role is to promote inclusion and provide support for students who have English as a second language. EAL Teaching Assistants may also be required to adapt and customise curriculum materials.
Typical duties of an EAL Teaching Assistant
- Supporting EAL students with personalised learning
- Helping to overcome barriers to learning
- Adapting and customising lesson plans
- Supporting students with EAL to access extra-curricular activities
- Contribute to the management of EAL students’ behaviour, encouraging students to conform to expected behaviour
- Contributing to the school awareness of EAL
- Providing pastoral support
- Facilitating contact with parents
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th October 2018