- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: long-term - day to day
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Job Ref: NQT
- Salary: Negotiable
Are you a newly qualified Teacher looking for that next step…..look no further, here at New Directions we want to hear from you. Secondary Schools in the Wirral area are looking for that passionate, proactive, motivated with a ‘Can Do’ attitude to Teaching. New Directions have brilliant opportunities including a loyalty bonus scheme available and plenty of supply work from September 2018.
Teacher Standards –
Set High Expectations
Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
Demonstrate good subject knowledge
Plan and Teach well structured Lessons
Adapt teaching to the strengths and the needs of all pupils in the class room
Manage behavior effectively to ensure good and safe learning
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th July 2018