- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: May 2018
- Duration: On going supply placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff), Further Education
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: BM1
- Salary: To be confirmed upon appointment
We are currently recruiting for a caretaker within a leading College in the Cardiff area. Previous experience is preferred. You must be able to demonstrate your skills and have knowledge of health and safety procedures.
The chosen individual must have the ability to think independently and will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Lock and unlock the school and carry out security checks on the building;
- Carry out and record basic checks and help maintain Health and Safety records;
- supporting the maintenance of property and grounds including liaising with contractors;
- Monitor site stock and order supplies;
- Experience of DIY and ability to carry out minor repairs, general maintenance and decorating competently;
- Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety;
- Undertake cleaning duties whilst managing the team of school cleaners.
If you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd August 2018