- Location: Denbighshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing Supply
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: MD - Caretaker
- Salary: To be confirmed upon appointment
New Directions are looking to recruit a confident and hard-working caretaker to work in a mixture of Primary & Secondary schools within the county of Denbighshire. Typical working working hours will usually lie between; 6:30am – 9:30am then 2:30pm – 7:00pm
The ideal candidate must have a DIY/Maintenance/Handyman background and access to own transport and tools would be highly desirable. Candidates who wish to register must obtain a ”Child Only” DBS if they do not already have one on the Update Service and they must also complete a child safeguarding course before beginning work.
Caretakers will be expected to carry out the following duties;
- Opening up the School in the morning and locking up at the end of day
- General maintenance around the school and minor repairs
- Basic cleaning duties
- Organising external contractors for major work
- Grounds maintenance and site management
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th September 2017