- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: April / May 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: LCS17
- Salary: £9 per hour
New Directions are looking to recruit a caretaker to work in a large Secondary School on the Wirral. You will need to carry out security procedures for all school buildings and grounds. You will be expected to respond when school alarm system is set off and arrange for the system to be re-set, which may involve some unsocial hours.
General maintenance responsibilities would include:
– Replacing light bulbs/tubes if necessary and reporting any defects in the lighting or heating systems to the Head teacher and to the Authority immediately
– Some work at high level e.g. in the Gymnasium, Multi purpose hall, Dining rooms, stair wells must be carried out safely
– You will be expected to perform duties as laid down in the cleaning frequency chart for a proportion of the working week
– Taking delivery of stores, materials and other goods and safely storing them
– Despatching laundry, goods, materials etc. Ensuring that adequate supplies of fuel and cleaning materials are readily available
– Providing safe access to the school and classrooms where required in the event of snow, ice, minor flooding or similar emergencies
Applicants from similar backgrounds are welcome to apply.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th June 2018