- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Start Date: May 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Further Education
- Category: Food Technology, Lecturer
- Job Ref: Lecturer/Teacher
- Salary: Hourly Paid
New Directions are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic Catering Lecturer to work within a leading Further Education College in South Wales.
As a Catering Lecturer you will have extensive experience in the catering industry, hold a recognised Teaching Qualification and have a relevant Catering qualification.
The post is hourly paid and the successful candidate must be flexible in line with the College working hours.
The ideal candidate will also have a valid DBS on the Update Service or be willing to undertake one with New Directions.
For full details of the post, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02930 390133 option 3.
The general role of a Food Technology Teacher is to deliver an innovative and engaging approach to the delivery of the food technology curriculum. Working usually with colleagues across the DT curriculum, this is a specialist role which requires catering expertise.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum are met
- Encourage literacy and numeracy growth through food technology
- Evaluating the design and delivery of the Food Technology curriculum; continuously striving to improve all aspects
- Keeping effective assessment records
- Develop and maintain links with hospitality and catering enterprises
- Set targets for student achievements
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th May 2018