- Location: Bristol - South West
- Start Date: Spring 2018
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Cover Supervisor
- Job Ref: SW1587
- Salary: £80 a day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for Cover Supervisors for a Secondary School in Avonmouth, Bristol.
As a cover supervisor you will be required to manage a class whilst the teacher is absent. You will be left work to provide to the students and you will be responsible for monitoring them to ensure they are completing the work, help if required and ensure the pupils behavior is managed effectively in line with the school’s guidelines.
We are looking for individuals who would be confident in this environment. Experience within a school isn’t essential however you will need to demonstrate experience working or volunteering with young people.
Successful candidates will receive exceptional support from a dedicated account manager, very competitive pay rates, professional development training and development opportunities.
Please get in touch today to find out more on this exciting opportunity or to find out what else is available.
What is it like to be a Cover Supervisor?
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility, however, there is always a teacher close at hand if needed. Schools may wish to employ staff for cover supervision but on occasions where they are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support to teachers in classrooms, or to carry out administrative tasks for example.
The role of a Cover Supervisor includes:
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher;
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school;
- Applying the school’s behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher;
- Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher;
- Marking elements of class work and homework under the guidance of the class teacher;
- Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records;
- Administering (and marking) class tests;
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant;
- Abiding by and work towards all the policies within the school e.g. behaviour management, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities;
- Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children’s Services Department’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Educationfor more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3510, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th March 2018