- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Cover Supervisor
- Job Ref: op12
- Salary: competitive daily rate
New Directions are currently looking to recruit for Cover Supervisors and unqualified teachers to work across secondary schools in Neath Port Talbot. The role will involves covering and delivering lessons for absent staff in the schools and managing behaviour.
Successful candidates will:-
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated to support student learning;
- Show an ability to manage student behaviours;
- Have flexibility and be able to adjust to day to day changes in work;
- Enjoy working with young people and be confident to make a difference in the classroom.
Successful Cover Supervisors have previously come from a variety of backgrounds such as ex-law enforcement, retired teachers, students looking for school experience prior to applying for a PGCE, sports coaches plus many other areas.
What is it like to be a Cover Supervisor?
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility, however, there is always a teacher close at hand if needed. Schools may wish to employ staff for cover supervision but on occasions where they are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support to teachers in classrooms, or to carry out administrative tasks for example.
The role of a Cover Supervisor includes:
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher;
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school;
- Applying the school’s behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher;
- Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher;
- Marking elements of class work and homework under the guidance of the class teacher;
- Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records;
- Administering (and marking) class tests;
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant;
- Abiding by and work towards all the policies within the school e.g. behaviour management, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities;
- Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children’s Services Department’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th December 2018