- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: immediate start
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Cover Supervisor
- Job Ref: EW126
- Salary: £70 per Day
New Directions Education are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to work in secondary schools across Merthyr Tydfil and the surrounding areas. The role can be full or part time working throughout the school, covering day to day sickness during term time
The successful applicant will have the ability to uphold excellent classroom behaviour and deliver varied teaching styles. The ability to adapt and problem solve is essential, this will help to develop an excellent working environment. All classroom materials set by the teacher must be completed, the ability to use all classroom resources successfully is required.
Previous experiences of coaching, youth work and youth related activities will help you in the position, we seek experience of working with children or young adults
A professional attitude is essential, where you will be required to abide to the school policies and dress code.
You will need to be registered with the Education Workforce Council and happy to adhere to New Directions compliance procedures
New Directions have a fantastic internal training team and offer regular professional development
All new applicants will be able to participate in safeguarding training as well as an on-line Cover Supervisor Course. Will need to be or register with the Education Workforce Council, and have a valid DBS (preferable)
What is it like to be a Cover Supervisor?
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility, however, there is always a teacher close at hand if needed. Schools may wish to employ staff for cover supervision but on occasions where they are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support to teachers in classrooms, or to carry out administrative tasks for example.
The role of a Cover Supervisor includes:
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher;
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school;
- Applying the school’s behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher;
- Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher;
- Marking elements of class work and homework under the guidance of the class teacher;
- Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records;
- Administering (and marking) class tests;
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant;
- Abiding by and work towards all the policies within the school e.g. behaviour management, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities;
- Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children’s Services Department’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01685 848278, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd June 2018