- Location: Liverpool - North West
- Start Date: March 2018
- Duration: On-going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Job Ref: LIVCS
- Salary: £55 per day
New Directions is looking to increase their bank of Cover Supervisors to work within the Liverpool area. Many of the Secondary Schools that we work with, like to have Cover Supervisors to support their pupils when their regular staff are on training or absent from work. We have both full time and part time work available, as well as the traditional day to day supply.
If you have the following skills or experience please forward your CV:
- Working with children and young adults in an education, youth group or similar setting.
- Part completion of a teaching qualification including at least one teaching practice.
- TEFL training and experience (may need an Overseas Police Check if you have worked abroad in the last five years).
What is it like to be a Cover Supervisor?
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility, however, there is always a teacher close at hand if needed. Schools may wish to employ staff for cover supervision but on occasions where they are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support to teachers in classrooms, or to carry out administrative tasks for example.
The role of a Cover Supervisor includes:
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher;
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school;
- Applying the school’s behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher;
- Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher;
- Marking elements of class work and homework under the guidance of the class teacher;
- Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records;
- Administering (and marking) class tests;
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant;
- Abiding by and work towards all the policies within the school e.g. behaviour management, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities;
- Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children’s Services Department’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Educationfor more information on this job vacancy,on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th February 2018