- Location: Cheshire East - North West
- Start Date: Asap
- Duration: long-term - day to day
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Cover Supervisor
- Job Ref: Cover
- Salary: £70.00 per day
New Directions Education are looking to recruit a team of Cover Supervisors to work in schools throughout the Chester area. It is desirable for applicants to have previous experience working in a secondary school environment, either as a Learning Support Assistant (LSA), Cover Supervisor or a Teacher looking to return to the classroom. We will also consider applications from Sports Coaches, Youth Workers and candidates who have worked with children previously.
New Directions have a fantastic internal training team and offer regular professional development.
All new applicants will be able to participate in safeguarding training as well as an on-line Cover Supervisor Course (optional) and have a valid DBS (preferable).
What is it like to be a Cover Supervisor?
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility, however, there is always a teacher close at hand if needed. Schools may wish to employ staff for cover supervision but on occasions where they are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support to teachers in classrooms, or to carry out administrative tasks for example.
The role of a Cover Supervisor includes:
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher;
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school;
- Applying the school’s behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher;
- Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher;
- Marking elements of class work and homework under the guidance of the class teacher;
- Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records;
- Administering (and marking) class tests;
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant;
- Abiding by and work towards all the policies within the school e.g. behaviour management, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities;
- Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children’s Services Department’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th October 2018