- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Further Education
- Category: Business Manager, School Support
- Job Ref: Admin
- Salary: £9+ per hour
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Advisor to work in a leading college in South Wales.
This is a temporary, short-term post starting March 2019. You will be working on a full-time basis, within the CSA team, based in the main campus.
Your main role is to:
– Respond effectively to phone calls and direct mail to appropriate areas;
– Handle all enquiries in a courteous and helpful way; these may be by telephone, email, letter, fax or in person;
– Carry out the full range of enquiries and tasks relating to all stages of the admissions process and supporting students with Assembly Learning Grants or Financial Support Funding
– Producing reports as and when required
You will have administrative experience and a Valid DBS certificate on the Update Service.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th February 2019