- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Design Technology
- Job Ref: D&T DEN AJL
- Salary: £90-£140 Per Day
New Directions Education are currently looking to appoint a Design and Technology (D&T) teacher in an “outstanding” Denbighshire Secondary school with an immediate start date.
New Directions are the preferred supplier for Denbighshire and are the first port of call for all long term and short term bookings.
The Successful candidate will be working with the Design and Technology department has three full time and one part time teaching staff and It has very good facilities that are housed in a purpose designed zone.
All aspects of Design and Technology will be covered so we encourage all D&T teachers to apply. Newly Qualified Teachers are encouraged to apply for this role too.
Supply Teaching Jobs for Design and Technology (D&T) Teachers
We recruit design and technology (D&T) teachers who are experienced or newly qualified teachers (NQTs). Ideally you will be happy to teach anywhere from key stage 3 (KS3), key stage 4 (KS4) and possibly key stage 5 (KS5) in the following areas:
- Food technology;
- Resistant materials;
The Role of a Supply Design & Technology Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic and imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up-to-date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th May 2018