- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Design Technology, Food Technology
- Job Ref: ELWsept01
- Salary: Dependant on experience
New Directions Education are seeking to appoint a Design Technology Teacher from September 2018. The post is based in a strong community based school within the Merthyr Tydfil area. This is a full-time role working as a Design Technology specialist in the school, covering on a long term basis, specialising in all aspects of DT, including Food technology. It is initially due to run until Easter, but there is a strong possibility of a role extension. The school has a solid academic record and this role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced teachers.
The school itself has a solid academic record and involves itself fully in its local community.
The successful candidate will
- Be passionate and knowledgeable of their chosen subject area, with the ability to inspire and motivate students to succeed in all areas
- Have the ability to teach up to A level standard, ideally with proven experience
- Adhere to New Directions Compliance procedures fully
- Be in possession of a clear DBS with the update service (desirable but not essential) or happy to undertake a new one
New Directions will offer online training, a dedicated Account Manager and the opportunity to receive an annual Loyalty Bonus.
New Directions have a fantastic internal training team and offer regular professional development
The ability to uphold excellent classroom behaviour and deliver varied teaching styles is essential.
A professional attitude is important, where you will be required to abide to the school policies and dress code. You will need to be registered with the Education Workforce Council and happy to adhere to New Directions compliance procedures
Supply Teaching Jobs for Design and Technology (D&T) Teachers
We recruit design and technology (D&T) teachers who are experienced or newly qualified teachers (NQTs). Ideally you will be happy to teach anywhere from key stage 3 (KS3), key stage 4 (KS4) and possibly key stage 5 (KS5) in the following areas:
- Food technology;
- Resistant materials;
The Role of a Supply Design & Technology Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic and imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up-to-date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01685 848278,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th April 2018