- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: February
- Duration: 1 Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: English
- Job Ref: SP 6543
- Salary: 130 - 160 per day
New Directions Education is looking for a qualified English teacher to work in a large high achieving Secondary School in Cheshire. You will need to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and appropriately differentiated curriculum for all the students across key stages 3 to 5. Each member of staff is expected to take full responsibility for developing their subject area through regular meetings with their department Head and other members of the team.
Each student’s progress is regularly monitored in order to support their overall progress and development; these records need to be accurate and kept up to date electronically. You will be expected to use this information to inform your planning and preparation throughout the year. This process will help you to facilitate and encourage a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
This school aims to provide the very best learning opportunities for it’s students The staff are highly skilled, well qualified and share the strong dedication to keep the students safe and secure whilst also having the opportunity to achieve their full potential. The students are encouraged to be confident, responsible and considerate individuals who excellent and make a lasting and valued contribution to society.
NQTs are welcome to apply.
The English teacher supply job is perhaps one of the most vital roles traditionally delivered throughout the education system. New Directions Education places great emphasis on recruiting and supplying qualified English teachers of a very high quality for vacancies across the UK.
The job of an English teacher is ever challenging and whether you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or a more experienced candidate New Directions Education endeavours to find supply work for quality English teachers.
Whether your speciality is language, literature or both New Directions Education can help you find a variety of work in English key stage 3 (KS3) and key stage 4 (KS4).
The Role of a Supply English Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th February 2019