- Location: Shropshire - Midlands
- Start Date: Summer Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: English
- Job Ref: DBeng1
- Salary: £90 - £140
New Directions are looking to recruit an enthusiastic English teacher to work within an excellent Shropshire school. Boasting state-of-art facilities this school sets extremely high standards and consistently produces fantastic results. The school are looking for a teacher capable of delivering a broad, balanced and appropriately differentiated curriculum across key stages 3, 4 and 5. The successful candidate will responsible for delivering lessons which are engaging and for developing the subject area through working closely with the head of department and other members of the team.
Students progress will need to be monitored on a regular basis so that each individual’s development is closely assessed to support their progress. This progress will need to be accurately recorded with all records being kept up-to-date. This information will then be used to ensure all planning and preparation is relevant to the students needs giving each pupil the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
This school has build its success on striving to provide the best learning opportunities it can for its students. The successful candidate will find that they are joining a highly skilled and dedicated faculty who support each other and it’s pupils to create the safest and very best learning environment it can for the pupils of the school. The aim is that the school creates confident, considerate and responsible young adults ready to make an impression in the wider world upon the completion of their time with the school.
The English teacher supply job is perhaps one of the most vital roles traditionally delivered throughout the education system. New Directions Education places great emphasis on recruiting and supplying qualified English teachers of a very high quality for vacancies across the UK.
The job of an English teacher is ever challenging and whether you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or a more experienced candidate New Directions Education endeavours to find supply work for quality English teachers.
Whether your speciality is language, literature or both New Directions Education can help you find a variety of work in English key stage 3 (KS3) and key stage 4 (KS4).
The Role of a Supply English Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th March 2019