- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: on-going/ Longterm
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: English
- Job Ref: English
- Salary: Negotiable
New Directions is looking for a qualified English teacher to work in the Wirral area this September. You will need to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and appropriately differentiated curriculum for students. Each member of staff is expected to take full responsibility for developing their subject are through regular meetings with their department Head and other members of the team.
The pupil’s progress is regularly monitored in order to support their overall progress and development, these records need to be accurate and kept up to date electronically. This process will help you to facilitate and encourage a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
This school is looking to recruit a teacher specialising in either Language or Literature but regardless of your specialism, you need to be able to cover both areas.
NQTs are welcome to apply.
The English teacher supply job is perhaps one of the most vital roles traditionally delivered throughout the education system. New Directions Education places great emphasis on recruiting and supplying qualified English teachers of a very high quality for vacancies across the UK.
The job of an English teacher is ever challenging and whether you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or a more experienced candidate New Directions Education endeavours to find supply work for quality English teachers.
Whether your speciality is language, literature or both New Directions Education can help you find a variety of work in English key stage 3 (KS3) and key stage 4 (KS4).
The Role of a Supply English Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th August 2018