- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing supply
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: English
- Job Ref: MD - Eng
- Salary: £90.00 - £140.00
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a English Teacher to work in a Wrexham High school for an immediate start. This is a long-term position based on a full timetable, initially due to run until the end of this academic year, but there is a strong possibility of the role extending. The school provides fantastic support and has a great department ethic, this role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced teachers.
The successful candidate will possess the following
– Be passionate and knowledgeable, with the ability to inspire and motivate students to succeed;
– Have the ability to teach up to GCSE level;
– Hold a full UK Driving Licence;
– Adhere to New Directions Compliance procedures;
– Be in possession of a clear child only DBS with the update service or prepared to undertake a new one.
– Be fully EWC registered
The English teacher supply job is perhaps one of the most vital roles traditionally delivered throughout the education system. New Directions Education places great emphasis on recruiting and supplying qualified English teachers of a very high quality for vacancies across the UK.
The job of an English teacher is ever challenging and whether you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or a more experienced candidate New Directions Education endeavours to find supply work for quality English teachers.
Whether your speciality is language, literature or both New Directions Education can help you find a variety of work in English key stage 3 (KS3) and key stage 4 (KS4).
The Role of a Supply English Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th September 2018