- Location: Cardiff
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £17 - per hour
- Start date: June 2019
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Further Education (FE)
New Directions are looking for an ESOL Lecturer to deliver Pre-Entry up to Level 2 ESOL classes in a leading college in Cardiff.
The post is temporary, the hours are flexible and you may be expected to work over multiple sites.
The right candidate will be a passionate, dedicated practitioner who will bring excitement to the classroom and thrive in this environment.
- Relevant qualifications e.g. TESOL, Cambridge CELTA or ESOL
- Relevant teaching experience from Pre-Entry – Level 2 ESOL
- Registration with the EWC
A PGCE PCET or equivalent is highly desirable.
New Directions Education recruits lecturers for vacancies around the UK in Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) establishments.
We cover vacancies for subjects including:
- Beauty Therapy
- Electrical Engineering
- Health & Social Care
As a lecturer you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
- Motivate students with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of students’ development
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Preferred supplier to 20 boroughs across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry