- Location: Carmarthenshire
Long term placement
- Salary: £22 per hour
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Further Education (FE)
New Directions are looking for an experienced ESOL Tutor/ Lecturer for a short course being provided by an award winning University.
You will need to be confident is devising your own scheme of work from a flexible guideline, creating engaging presentations and student handouts.
The majority of the delivery for this course will be lecture style led, with some additional group work and peer interaction.
Additional material is provided to help you devise your lecture plans and a point of contact at the University is provided to help with any questions.
New Directions Education recruits for lecturing vacancies around the UK in Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) establishments.
We cover vacancies for subjects including:
- Essential Skills
- A Levels: Maths, English, Science etc.
- Access Courses
- Hair & Beauty
- Construction, Engineering, Plastering
- Social Sciences
- Creative Industries: Art, Design, Media etc.
- Public Services & Tourism
- Work Based Learning
- ESOL (English speakers of other languages)
As a Lecturer you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of the College Scheme of Work or your subject specialism
- Plan, prepare and teach lectures that cater for all student abilities and ranges
- Maintain a firm but fair approach to classroom management
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of students’ development
- Instil teamwork, motivation and inspiration to students, developing a learner-focused curriculum and the ability to continually improve their learning experience
- Stay current with changes and developments in college schemes of work.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry