- Location: Conwy - North Wales
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Further Education, Secondary Education
- Job Ref: pbexicon0211
- Salary: £10.00 per hour
New Directions are looking for flexible Exam Invigilators for temporary and seasonal work in schools in and around the Llandudno area.
Invigilators will usually be required in High Schools during GCSE and AS/A-Level examinations and occasionally Colleges. The hours will range from 8:30am – 12:00pm for morning exams, and 12:00pm – 2:30pm for afternoon exams – these times can vary depending on the schools needs and the type of exam.
Previous experience as an Invigilator is desirable but not essential, and the ideal candidate must be prepared to obtain a DBS Police check (£45) if they do not hold a current one on the Update Service.
To the successful candidates, we offer;
- In house training on how to Invigilate Exams and how to Scribe, free of charge
- Child Safeguarding Training, free of charge
Candidates should be aware that Exam Invigilator work is seasonal, with the busiest period being between May and June. Work outside of this period is not guaranteed and is very sporadic.
We welcome interested candidates in to register all year round, providing that they aware of this.
Main purpose and object of the role: To provide support to the examination process.
Main duties: To support the Head Invigilator/ Examinations Team with the day-to-day operation of examination venues. This may include:
- assisting with setting up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with the outlined procedures;
- assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues;
- offering advice and guidance to unregistered candidates without allocated seats;
- ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside the examination venue;
- invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures;
- checking attendance during examinations;
- recording details early leavers and collecting their scripts;
- escorting candidates from the examination venue during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside the examination venue;
- collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures;
- assisting with the preparation of script envelopes;
- supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner.
Other duties: To assist the Examinations Team with other examination processes, such as:
- packing of examination papers, stationery and equipment prior to the examinations and the delivery to and from venues as appropriate;
- preparation of seating plans;
- delivering scripts to departmental and school offices.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01248 884225, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th December 2018