- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: on-going
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Job Ref: Exams
- Salary: £10.00 per hour
New Directions are now on the search for Exam Scribers to start in Secondary Schools in Chester area. The overall responsibility will be to act as an Invigilator during controlled examinations to enable to school to meet its requirements.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To attend a training session for Reader/Scribes to be organised by New Directions.
2. Support a candidate, normally on a one-to-one basis, during the examination in
3. Follow instructions given by the Exams Officer as to which tasks should be
performed for a particular candidate.
4. Adhere to strict rules as to what can and cannot be read/scribed.
5. Accurately and clearly read aloud exam instructions and questions.
6. To re-read aloud exam instructions and questions if requested.
7. To read a candidate’s answer back to them if requested.
8. Produce accurate and verbatim transcripts of answers dictated by the candidate in a
9. To read transcribed answers back to the candidate if requested and make
amendments as dictated by the student.
All candidates will need to have a valid DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one for this role.
Main purpose and object of the role: To provide support to the examination process.
Main duties: To support the Head Invigilator/ Examinations Team with the day-to-day operation of examination venues. This may include:
- assisting with setting up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with the outlined procedures;
- assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues;
- offering advice and guidance to unregistered candidates without allocated seats;
- ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside the examination venue;
- invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures;
- checking attendance during examinations;
- recording details early leavers and collecting their scripts;
- escorting candidates from the examination venue during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside the examination venue;
- collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures;
- assisting with the preparation of script envelopes;
- supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner.
Other duties: To assist the Examinations Team with other examination processes, such as:
- packing of examination papers, stationery and equipment prior to the examinations and the delivery to and from venues as appropriate;
- preparation of seating plans;
- delivering scripts to departmental and school offices.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th June 2018