- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: January
- Duration: Seasonal
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SMC
- Salary: £9 per hour
New Directions are working with various Secondary Schools in the Swansea and Neath area. We are supporting them through their busy exams periods which are November, December, January, May and June by providing extra exam invigilators.
As an invigilator you would be;
• Reporting to the Exams Manager
• A team player
• Ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside the examination
• Supporting specific students by scribing for them during the exam (if new to this training can be provided)
• Assisting with setting up examination hall
• Assisting students prior to the start of the exam by directing them to their seats.
The work is flexible, seasonal and pays £9per hour.
To be placed as invigilator you will need to hold a full enhanced child only DBS, which we at New Directions can arrange.
If interested please make contact with the school support services team on 02920 390 133 option 5.
Main purpose and object of the role: To provide support to the examination process.
Main duties: To support the Head Invigilator/ Examinations Team with the day-to-day operation of examination venues. This may include:
- assisting with setting up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with the outlined procedures;
- assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues;
- offering advice and guidance to unregistered candidates without allocated seats;
- ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside the examination venue;
- invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures;
- checking attendance during examinations;
- recording details early leavers and collecting their scripts;
- escorting candidates from the examination venue during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside the examination venue;
- collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures;
- assisting with the preparation of script envelopes;
- supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner.
Other duties: To assist the Examinations Team with other examination processes, such as:
- packing of examination papers, stationery and equipment prior to the examinations and the delivery to and from venues as appropriate;
- preparation of seating plans;
- delivering scripts to departmental and school offices.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th November 2018