- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW6
- Salary: £10 per hour
We are recruiting for an experienced School Administrator, to work on a supply basis in primary schools in Merthyr Tydfil.
Due to the nature of supply work, all applicants must be willing to work on a temporary basis in various primary schools in the area, covering long or short-term absences such as sickness or maternity. The usual working hours are 8:30am – 4pm, Monday – Friday.
We are seeking candidates who are organised, adaptable and experienced in the role, as no training will be provided. Previous experience using the School Information Management System (SIMS) is essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Logging attendance and lateness using SIMS
- Collating school dinner money on SIMS
- Updating and accessing student records
- Creating and running SIMS reports
- Greeting visitors and issuing name badges
- Being the first point of contact for parents
- Assisting teaching staff with general admin duties
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced primary school administrator to join us and work on a flexible basis in a variety of local primary schools.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th March 2019