- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
We are looking to appoint an experienced School Administrator to work in a large primary school in Swansea. This is a long-term, temporary position which is due to start in March 2019. The working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 3:30pm.
The client is seeking a hardworking and motivated individual who has an excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS). Some knowledge of the Financial Management System (FMS) will also be beneficial. All applicants must be adaptable, friendly and confident in running the busy school office.
Duties will include:
- Greeting visitors at reception and issuing name badges
- Being the first point of contact for parents
- Assisting seniors and teaching staff with general admin duties
- Collating school dinner money
- Logging attendance and lateness
- Creating and running reports
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th February 2019