- Location: Cheshire West & Chester - North West
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: LCS34
- Salary: £10 per hour
New Directions are seeking a hardworking and experienced School Administrators, to work on temporary supply placements in Primary School across the Chester & Cheshire West areas.
Hours of work – 8.30am-4pm, Monday – Friday.
Experience using the School Information Management System (SIMS) and Financial Management System FMS) is essential and all applicants must be confident running a busy primary school office.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Logging attendance and lateness using SIMS
- Updating student records on SIMS
- Creating and running SIMS reports
- Greeting visitors and issuing name badges
- Assisting senior staff with general admin duties
- Checking of invoices ready for payment
- Inputting of data to raise internal and external invoices
This is a great opportunity for an experienced primary school administrator.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st March 2019