- Location: Denbighshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: TEMP
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff), Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SMW - ANW1
- Salary: From £9ph
New Directions are looking for experienced school administrators. Hours are usually 8.30am – 4pm Monday to Friday. The hours and days will depend on the schools requirements, so we ask that you are flexible with hours & locations of work. Your own mode of transport is desirable. We work alongside both secondary & primary schools in the North Wales area covering long & short term staff absences.
It is essential all applicants have previous experience working in a busy school office and have an excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS) as unfortunately no training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- General reception duties, answering the phone, passing on messages, greeting visitors and issuing name badges
- Logging pupil attendance and lateness using SIMS
- Collating school dinner money using SIMS
- Updating student records on SIMS
- Creating and running SIMS reports
- Assisting senior staff with admin duties
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th November 2018