- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: May 2019
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW2
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint a hardworking and experienced School Caretaker, to work in a long-term temporary position in a Primary School in Caerphilly.
This position is due to start in May 2019 and the working hours will be split-shifts, 6:00am – 10am and 3pm – 7pm, with some requirement to work during school holidays.
The client is seeking applicants who are flexible and reliable and have some previous experience working as a School Caretaker. Previous experience key-holding is also essential, as the successful candidate will be the main key holder for the school premises. Experience Legionella Testing would also be beneficial.
Duties will include:
- Opening and closing the school premises
- Setting and maintaining alarm systems
- Carrying out day to day maintenance and repairs
- Cleaning duties and supervising cleaning staff
- Being responsible for health & safety
- Setting up halls for parent’s evenings and functions
- Liaising with external contractors for major work
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd April 2019