- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: February 2019
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW19
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint a diligent and experienced School Clerk, for a long-term temporary position in a primary school in Central Cardiff.
This is a full-time role which is due to start in February 2019 and the working hours 8:30 – 16:00, Monday – Friday, term-time only.
The client is seeking a reliable and adaptable candidate, who is confident running all aspects of the busy primary school office. An excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS) is essential and some knowledge of the Financial Management System (FMS) will also be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reception duties such as greeting visitors, issuing name badges, answering the phone, taking messages and responding to emails
- Logging pupil attendance and lateness on SIMS
- Accessing student information on SIMS and contacting parents
- Creating and running reports on SIMS
- Paying invoices for the school and banking cash
- Collating school dinner money on SIMS
This a great role for an experienced School Clerk looking to work in a busy primary school and act as an integral part of the team.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th January 2019