- Location: Vale of Glamorgan - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW09
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint an experienced School Clerk, to work in a long-term temporary position in a primary school in The Vale of Glamorgan. This position is due to start in March 2019.
It is essential that all applicants have an excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS) and some knowledge of the Financial Management System (FMS) would also be beneficial.
The client is seeking a candidate who is hardworking, adaptable, and confident working in a high-pressure environment overseeing all day to day duties in the busy school office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Logging attendance and lateness on SIMS
- Collating school dinner money on SIMS
- Updating student and staff records on SIMS
- Paying invoices and banking cash
- Answering the phone and passing on messages
- Being the first point of contact for staff, parents and pupils
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered on the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th January 2019