- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW2
- Salary: £10 per hour
We are seeking an experience School Clerk to join the team at a local primary school. This a full-time post which is due to start in September 2018, covering maternity. The working hours will be 8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday, term-time only.
Our client is looking to appoint a hardworking and reliable individual who is confident running the busy school office. Previous experience in the role is essential and all applicants must be proficient using the School Information Management System (SIMS) and will ideally have some knowledge of the Financial Management System (FMS).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Greeting visitors and issuing name badges
- Being the first point of contact for parents
- Updating student and staff records on SIMS
- Collating school dinner money
- Logging attendance and lateness
- Invoicing and banking cash
- Assisting senior staff with admin tasks
- General admin duties including answering the phone, passing on messages, responding to emails etc.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th July 2018