- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW3
- Salary: £10 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint an experienced School Clerk, to work in a long-term temporary role in a Primary School in Cardiff. This is a full-time position which is due to start in March 2019, 8:30am – 4pm, term-time only.
The client is seeking an organised and adaptable individual, who has previous experience working in a primary school office and an excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS). Some previous experience dealing with school finances would also be beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Clerk to join the team at a local Cardiff primary school and be responsible for the overall running of the office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Greeting parents and visitors and issuing name badges
- Answering the phone, taking messages and managing school emails
- Logging pupil attendance and lateness on SIMS
- Collating school dinner money
- Updating staff and student records on SIMS
- Ordering equipment and stationary for the school
- Paying invoices and banking cash
- Assisting senior staff with general administrative duties
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th February 2019