- Location: Vale of Glamorgan - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW2019
- Salary: £10 per hour
New Directions are seeking a hardworking and experienced School Clerk, to work on a supply basis in schools in Cowbridge and surrounding areas.
Due to the nature of supply, all applicants must be flexible and willing to work in different schools in the area, covering long-term staff absences. The usual working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 16:00, although this can vary depending on the specific school requirements.
All applicants must have previous experience working in the school office and an excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS) is essential. Applicants should also be well organised, adaptable and professional.
Duties will include:
- Being the first point of contact for staff, parents and pupils
- Greeting visitors and issuing name badges
- Answering the phone, passing on messages and dealing with school emails
- Logging pupil attendance and lateness on SIMS
- Collating school dinner money on SIMS
- Ordering equipment and stationary
- Paying invoices and banking cash
- General administrative duties and supporting senior and teaching staff
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced School Clerk to join the team at a local school and be responsible for the overall running of the office.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th March 2019