- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW2
- Salary: £9.50 - £10 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint a hardworking and diligent School Clerk, to work on a temporary supply basis in primary schools in Neath Port Talbot.
The nature of supply work will involve covering long and short-term temporary roles in various schools and the working hours will be Monday-Friday, 8:30 – 16:00.
All applicants must have an excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS) as the successful candidate will be working alone to manage to busy primary school office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Logging attendance and lateness on SIMS
- Collating school dinner money
- Updating staff and student records on SIMS
- Overseeing school finances
- Running and creating reports on SIMS
- Dealing with parents, pupils and visitors
- Answering the phone and passing on the messages
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced School Clerk to work in various local primary schools.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd April 2019